You can leave your remarks about Miss Himalaya Pageant on this page. Click here to comment.
Hi Lobsang la
As the saying goes “Something is better than nothing”, so we always appreciate those who are doing something and requesting to do something rather than those who are always criticizing. Good job and keep it up!
[[Comment deleted as the wording is not according to conditions of this Forum. Please resubmit. Criticisms can be worded to give supporting information, and to suggest positive solutions!]]
Message to Miss Himalaya pageant organiser
Miss Himalaya pageant will attract the attention of the local. regional, national, and global communities, and will introduce to the world the sheer size, extent, and beauty of the Himalayan region — its breathtaking culture and ethnic diversity.
Its staging will be a first practical step and catalyst to undo the narrow and outdated conservatism that has been passed down through the generations, which inhibits overall progress of individual, family, community, and nation.
It will empower the contestants, and as a byproduct will open up the society they represent and simultaneously firmly ground them in their positive traditions and way of life.
It is no doubt a solid and powerful platform to empower the woman of the Himalayan region. It will aid in developing leadership qualities in the contestants, give a filip to their free thinking, help them take charge of their own life independently. It will help women build confidence to assert their right to be themselves free from interference and blow the lid of outside pressure off their mind and conduct.
Miss Himalaya will be a feather in the geographical map of national and international tourism, and a forum for broadcasting unique features and role models that illustrate unity in diversity of multi-ethnicity, multi-culture, multi-dialects, multi-religion. and you name it. It will help draw urgent attention for protection of the environment of Himalayan region and the countries that lie on all sides of it.
Irrespective of who wins or not, the contestants of Miss Himalaya pageant will go back to their beautiful land and people with happy memories of a lifetime experience, with their personality enriched by having seized the opportunity provided like never before in their growing youthful life.
I wish the Miss Himalaya pageant a grand success.
Dear Lobsang ji, Its a good opportunity for all Himalayans together on a single platform….!!! U are doing a nice job….Hope for a very successful event….!!!
hello lobsang wangyal lak,
its good that u r goin to held another beauty pegeant,
good luck but pls dont do a golmaal like u did in miss tibet 2011.
We not only heard about the golmaal but we were also present there during the pegeant.
Good luck mr.lobs wangyal
Why Miss Himalaya pageant: A personal viewpoint
1. The Earth:
There are about seven billion people living on this beautiful planet earth.
The earth is electro-magneto-geographically divided into two poles-north and south.
Due to global warming and climate change Tibet the roof of the world is being labelled the third pole, due mainly to its large perennial ice mass and environmental significance.
2. Trans-Himalaya region:
To the south of Tibet is the Trans-Himalayan mountainous region extending from Arunachal Pradesh in the east to Ladakh and Karakoram range in the west dotted by Himalayan states and region of Nepal,Bhutan,Sikkim,Lahaul,Spiti and Kumaon.
3. Common theme of Unity in Diversity:
a/ the land mass of the Himalayan ranges unites all from Arunachal to Ladakh in a seamless geographical contour.
b/ populated by indigenous people with distinct culture and customs, distinct and diverse dialects, distinct way of life.
c/ Himalayas are a massive landlocked barrier,acts as a buffer zone between the world’s most populated countries of India and China (Tibet is under China’s military occupation since the 1950s).
d/ diversity of flora and fauna
e/ religious harmony among the major world religious followers of Hindu, Muslims, Buddhists, Christians, etc
4. The region is on the course of inescapable wave of economic growth,development and modernity
5. Observes its own homegrown games and sports like archery, polo, etc.
6. The region is under imminent threat of cultural shock through slow westernization, and therefore preservation of its unique identity is a major challenge today.
7. Its people as a distinct group are marked by innate shyness yet confident; its people are immersed in humility — that could be a role model for the rest of the world provided it knows its merits and adopts them, and knows its demerits and abandons them. But the stake-holders should make no mistakes of pretension and hypocrisy.
It’s high time to open up gradually, not to be overwhelmed by a fast-changing world, and resist the onslaught of the outside negative influences through internet and electronic media.
Its people should take preventive steps from the extreme way of life — the permissive society of the West and the Far East on one extreme, notwithstanding the advancement and excellence in culture, science and technology, and outright change resistant ultra-conservative culture of the middle world!
It’s still a kind of taboo — to talk about the three-letter word appropriate to education about it. However, random but unchecked cases of unwanted pregnancy and abortion borne outside of marriage is nowadays becoming commonplace in a hush hush hidden mannerism blowing to the air health risk and spoilage of innocent lives.
Miss Tibet beauty pageant organizers have succeeded in creating awareness about these public issues in the Tibetan society, and today young people have become more aware of their duty and responsibility as a member of would be parents of the society.
The global search engine Google Trends have highlighted that Miss Tibet event is one of the top five educator and the fourth most popular annual event that has been successful in creating global awareness of the truth and reality about the Tibet issue.
So can Miss Himalaya educate the outside world about its uniqueness in culture, tradition ,and civilisation!
8. Great men and women look at things and events differently from the stereotype public, and that quality makes them stand apart from the rest of mankind.
9. It’s therefore high time that the Himalayan people lead the world by example now!
10. Himalayan people can showcase their unique humane qualities of loving kindness, compassion, protection of environment, humility, cultured manners, and respect to elders, through participation in international events like Miss Himalaya. They can educate the world that is bereft of peace, non-violence, communal harmony.
11. Every thing and every event has two sides to it, as everything is a product of inter-dependency. Whether anybody likes or not, the world is swept by winds of change, or better or worse, and it’s unto each and every community to face the challenge shead on and give way to slow evolution and adaption to new ways — or one is doomed to face the demise of one’s goodness under the swarm of foreign culture that is taking place irrefutably.
I know you are very creative. It is a new chapter in the annals of your visionary endeavors. Keep it up. Good luck. Love you.
Dear Lobsang Wangyal lak,
Boss you are doing a great job always, and I should respect you for your creativity and the courage to do new things always. Please ignore those comments, I mean you should listen to both good and bad comments, but do always what your heart and mind says. Looking forward for your new venture very soon. May it become a blockbuster. Good luck!
Your well wisher
Sonam Kalsang, you are here doing as a stoppin stone, but be a steppin stone! C’mon, be positive always. Don’t make false alarms. You are hurtin a creative Tibetan fellow.
Losang la, u r doin a good job. Go Losang Go.
Empty lines will make paragraphs
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.